Student Summer Storage – Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store for?
- Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage will store your belongings from Friday 8th June 2018 until Friday 28th September 2018. If you are going on a placement and need your items stored for longer please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage to arrange this for an additional charge of £2 per box/item per week.
Is there short term storage available?
- Yes, please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd who will be able to advise you on all our storage options.
Where are my things stored?
- Your belongings will be stored by Inner Space Stations in one of our secure storage locations which is covered by 24 hour CCTV.
Are my things insured?
- Yes each box/item is insured up to the value of £250. There is an excess of £100.
How big are the boxes?
- Cardboard Boxes are approx. L45cm x W45cm x H45cm
- Plastic Boxes are approx. L60cm x W40cm x H41cm
Can I use my own Boxes?
- No I’m afraid we can only accept boxes supplied by Inner Space Stations storage.
I have a plastic box from a previous year can I use that?
- Yes, as long as it is still labelled with our Inner Space Stations sticker and in good condition then you can re-use it. We will charge you £17.50 per box to store it.
Is there any limits to how much I can store?
- No, you can store as many boxes, etc. as you want to and additional boxes can be purchased from YUSU. All items will be weighed and must not exceed 23kg. You may be asked to buy additional boxes and split them down.
Can I store my suitcases?
- Yes, we will store your suitcases, but they must be in good working order with no broken zips. These must be clearly labelled with Surname, email address and Collection date. An Inner Space Stations numbered sticker will be attached to each suitcase for identification purposes. We will charge you £17.50per suitcase to store it from Friday 8th June 2018 until Friday 28th September 2018.
I have large items can I store them?
- We may be able to accept exceptional items and we will charge you £17.50per per item to store it from Friday 8th June 2018 until Friday 28th September 2018. Weight limit 23kg per item. They must be clearly labelled with your Surname, email address and Collection date. An Inner Space Stations numbered sticker will be attached to each item for identification purposes.
Can I store my bicycle?
- Yes we will charge you £17.50 to store this
What can I store?
- You can store most things however you CANNOT store Perishables, Foods, Flammable Liquids, Combustible Materials, *Make-up, *Liquids
*these items are permitted if stored in the Plastic Storage Boxes
When is YUSU open to buy Packages or additional Boxes?
- YUSU is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Do you offer a refund?
- I’m afraid we don’t refund surplus boxes purchased so please make sure you only buy the boxes you will actually use. We do offer refunds on returned plastic boxes. Once you have emptied it we will refund you £10 per box if returned undamaged. They can ONLY be returned to Inner Space Stations Ltd and must be return by October 31st
How do I get my things to YUSU?
- There are trolleys available at each of the porter’s lodges. If you are staying off campus or at Heslington East then we suggest taking a taxi or asking a friend to drive you
Do you collect from my accommodation?
- Yes we can collect from your accommodation on a mutually agreed date and time. There will be a fixed delivery charge of £5.00 plus £1.00 per box/item for this service. Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd to arrange.
Can I get a friend to drop off my things?
- No I’m afraid you must come yourself just in case there are any problems when you drop them off.
I’m coming back to a different college does this matter?
- No we don’t need to know what college you are in.
What do I write on the Cardboard boxes?
- You must write your Surname, email address and Collection date on the side of all your Cardboard boxes. An Inner Space Stations numbered sticker will be attached to each box for identification purposes.
What do I write on the Plastic Boxes?
- There is a card insert on the side of the box for you to write your Surname, email address and Collection date. The plastic boxes are numbered for identification purposes.
How do I make my boxes secure?
- Cardboard boxes should be secured using the parcel tape you were given with your pack. Security seals will be provided for the Plastic boxes on the drop off dates
When can I collect my things back?
- There are 3 collection dates available and your chosen date will be confirmed on your storage receipt. You MUST produce your Student ID when collecting your boxes
Do you drop off at my accommodation?
- Yes we can drop off at your accommodation on a mutually agreed date and time. There will be a fixed delivery charge of £5.00 plus £1.00 per box/item for this service for this service. Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd to arrange.
What do I do if I need to change my collection date?
- As the boxes are stored in respect of collection dates it is important that we know when you are returning. If for any unforeseen reason you need to collect on a different date than the one you have already stated please email : firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to collect on another date.
What happens if my items are damaged?
- Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage. Please note there is a £100 excess on the Insurance
For our full student brochure click below