Student Summer Storage – Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store for?
- Inner Space Stations will store your belongings from Saturday 15th June 2019 until Friday 27th September 2019.
- If you need storage outside of these dates, please contact Inner Space Stations to arrange this for an additional charge of £2.00 per box/item per week.
Is short term storage available?
- Yes, you can store from as little as 1 week. You will need to purchase your boxes from the Student Union or directly from Inner Space Stations on Layerthorpe and storage will cost £2.00 per box/item, per week. Please contact Inner Space Stations directly to arrange.
Where are my things stored?
- Your belongings will be stored by Inner Space Stations in one of our secure storage locations which is covered by 24 hour CCTV.
Are my things insured?
- Yes each box/item is insured up to the value of £250. There is an excess of £100.
How big are the boxes?
- Cardboard Boxes are approx. L45cm x W45cm x H45cm
- Plastic Boxes are approx. L60cm x W40cm x H41cm
Can I use my own Boxes?
- No I’m afraid we can only accept boxes supplied by Inner Space Stations storage.
I have a plastic box from a previous year can I use that?
- Yes, as long as it is still labelled with our Inner Space Stations sticker and in good condition then you can re-use it. We will charge you £20.00 per box for the storage.
Is there any limit to how much I can store?
- No, you can store as many boxes, etc. as you would like. All items will be weighed and must not exceed 20kg. You may be asked to buy additional boxes if you exceed the limit.
Can I store my suitcases?
- Yes, we will store your suitcases, but they must be in good working order with no broken zips. These must be clearly labelled with surname, email address and contact number. An Inner Space Stations numbered sticker will be attached to each suitcase for identification purposes. We will charge you £20.00 per suitcase.
I have large items can I store them?
- We may be able to accept other items and we will charge you £20.00 per item to store. Weight limit 20kg per item. They must be clearly labelled with your surname, email address and contact number. Please contact Inner Space Stations to check that your item can be stored.
Can I store my bicycle?
- Yes we will charge you £20.00 to store this and you must deliver your bike to Layerthorpe yourselves.
What can I store?
- You can store most things however you CANNOT store Perishables, Foods, Flammable Liquids, Combustible Materials, *Make-up, *Liquids *these items are permitted if stored in the Plastic Storage Boxes
Where can I buy boxes from?
- Your Student Union is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
- Inner Space Stations on Layerthorpe is open Monday – Saturday 8.00am – 6.00pm and Sunday 9.00am – 1.00pm.
Do you offer a refund?
- I’m afraid we don’t refund surplus boxes purchased so please make sure you only buy the number of boxes you need. You are required to pay a £15.00 deposit for each plastic box you hire, which will be refunded to you upon returning the box to Inner Space Stations on Layerthorpe.
How do I get my things to YUSU (York University only)?
- There are trolleys available at each of the porter’s lodges. If you are staying off campus or at Heslington East then we suggest taking a taxi or asking a friend to drive you.
Do you collect from my accommodation?
- Yes we can collect from your accommodation on an agreed date and time. There will be a fixed delivery charge of £7.00 plus £1.00 per box/item for this service. Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd to arrange.
Can I get a friend to drop off my things?
- No I’m afraid you must come yourself just in case there are any problems when you drop them off.
I’m coming back to a different college does this matter?
- No we can deliver your items back to any address in York.
What do I write on the Cardboard boxes?
- You must write your surname, email address and contact number on the side of all your Cardboard boxes.
What do I write on the Plastic Boxes?
- There is a card insert on the side of the box for you to write your Surname, email address and Collection date. The plastic boxes are numbered for identification purposes.
How do I make my boxes secure?
- Cardboard boxes should be secured using the parcel tape you were given with your pack. Security seals will be provided for the Plastic boxes on the drop off dates.
How do I collect my boxes/items in September?
- You must contact Inner Space Stations directly to arrange the collection of your storage boxes. Boxes can either be collected from YUSU on one of the collection dates, or we can deliver straight to your new address. You must advise Inner Space Stations of your collection date at least 1 week in advance, otherwise it will be your responsibility to collect your storage from the storage center yourselves.
Do you drop off at my accommodation?
- Yes we can drop off at your accommodation on a mutually agreed date and time. There will be a fixed delivery charge of £7.00 plus £1.00 per box/item for this service for this service. Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd to arrange.
What do I do if I need to change my collection date?
- As the boxes are stored in respect of collection dates it is important that we know when you are returning. Please email : email@example.com or call 01904 21 77 77 before 31 August 2019 to confirm the date you wish to collect your storage on.
What happens if my items are damaged?
- Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage. Please note there is a £100 excess on the insurance.